Hipster Douche Music Brigade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hipster Douche Music Brigade

You listen to shitty music.

4 posters

Mainly Instrumental vs with vocals

IndieSnob

Mainly Instrumental vs with vocals Empty Mainly Instrumental vs with vocals

Post by IndieSnob Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm sure no one sits and keeps a log of how long they've sat and listened to x band, y genre, etc. etc..

That said, I'm curious as to others listening habits when it comes to music that is mainly instrumental vs music with vocals.

I'm sure for a lot of people they are going to listen to instrumental when the music is more for background and trying to focus on things.

That said, I find that 4 out of 5 times I tend to prefer listening to purely instrumental works.

There is something enthralling to me in having the vocals cleared so I can try to examine each part that is played, and this is from someone who couldn't play a note of music.

So what about all of you?

And now I have to go put on some Godspeed Your Black Emperor!

Kylew

Mainly Instrumental vs with vocals Empty Re: Mainly Instrumental vs with vocals

Post by Kylew Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I wouldn't call it my preference. But I love instrumental music. I love Tortoise. And the lit poster as well.
    Drumsound
    Drumsound

Post by Drumsound Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Mostly if I listen to instrumental music it's jazz. There's a really cool local act called Von Frickel that is really great instrumental, almost soundtrack sounding that I actually prefer to see play than listen to their records.
    suckie

Post by suckie Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 pm

I've been listening to The Hobbit soundtrack lately. It's nice to work to. Mostly instrumental.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 pm