Hipster Douche Music Brigade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hipster Douche Music Brigade

You listen to shitty music.

David Axelrod

Admin
    Admin

David Axelrod Empty David Axelrod

Post by Admin Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm sure the more hip of you douche bags will be familiar with his work, but the ones who aren't, you need to check this album out.

A quick bio:

Axelrod was a record producer with Capital Records for years. He produced the likes of Cannonball Adderley, Lour Rawls and a host of others.

He also was chosen to produce the Electric Prunes Mass In F Minor album. The Electric Prunes had a psychedelic hit with I had too much to dream last night and rode on that success for awhile. No one knows whether it was the label or Axelrod who put it into play, but one or both of the camps weren't happy with how the album was going, so Axelrod basically fired the band and brought in studio musicians to record the album. An amazing album if I may say so myself.

Axelrod is also sampled by many in the current electronic/hip-hop genre, including DJ Shadow, Lauren Hill, etc. etc. He is one of the highest sampled artists in the history of the two genres.

The album I have uploaded is his Songs of Devotion album.

Songs of Devotion

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:49 pm